Yilisoo Films is a Paris-based production, line production and international sales company. We are a Chinese, French, and Swiss team and we offer an expertise on the European and Chinese Films markets.
Our mission is to accompany producers and directors offering an original and sensitive vision of the world, either emerging or confirmed, by bringing their projects to reality through co-development, co-production, line producing, international sales, as well as legal or financial consulting. Yilisoo Films acquires, co-develops and co-produces features films, animated features and documentaries.
The core business of Yilisoo Films is to extend the cooperation and the films sales between Asian and European film industries, as well as develop projects with strong co-production potential with Asia and Europe. Our president graduated from Beijing Capital Normal University’s Film and Audiovisual Department and Paris Institute of the Arts. In 2018, the company joined famous French Independent producer Sophie Dulac Productions for the production of Claire Simon’s film Premières Solitudes. The film has been premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival and selected at the Hong Kong International Film Festival. Yilisoo Films also brought a distributor to the film in Mainland China and Hong Kong.
We are currently coproducing Song Chuan‘s third feature film, Best Unsaid, which is in post-production stage, and developing Baer Xiao‘s first feature film, Almost There, with our partner Golden Lining Films in Shanghai.
Our line-up includes:
– a collection of classic movies by Xie Fei, Our Farmland, A Girl from Hunan, Black Snow, Woman Sesame Oil Maker and Song of Tibet;
– a collection of stop motion films by Weng Jie, The Peony Pavilion, Ray’s Great Escape, The Quintet of the Sunset and Kuafu;
– Once by Zuo Yifang;
– The Curtain by Léopold Dewolf;
– Night Factory by Xiao Baer;
– A Short Dream by Shu Haolun;
– Crossing the Border-Zhaoguan by Huo Meng that has been premiered at Pingyao International Film Festival and was invited by Carlo Chatrian has invited Jia Zhangke for the section “On transmission” for the 70th Berlinale;
– Only You Alone by Zhou Zhou, which won the Fipresci Award in Rotterdam and the Award for Best Script at FIRST;
– Mama by Li Dongmei, which was selected in Venice, Busan, Vienne, Bilbao, Melbourne, Paris, Créteil, Macao, New York, Berkley, and in numerous films festivals around the wordl, and won the Ingmar Bergman International Debut Award in Göteborg, as well as the Fei Mu Award for Best Film in Pingyao;
– Absence by Wu Lang, starring Lee Kang-sheng and Li Meng, which was part of Cannes 2021 Official Selection;
– Best Unsaid, Song Chuan‘s third feature-film, which premiered at Cork International Film Festivals in 2022.